Glossary (data as reflected in a given month):
• New Listings – homes newly listed for sale.
• Pending Sales – a count of the homes that have accepted contracts and are in escrow.
• Closed Sales – count of the actual home sales closed.
• Days on Market – this metric reflects the median number of days between the home’s initial listing and offer acceptance.
• Median Sales Price – midpoint where half of homes sold were priced higher and half were priced lower.
• Average Sales Price – mean sales price for all closed sales.
• Price per Square Foot – this metric reflects the median value, based upon sold data; the midpoint at which half of the homes sold were priced higher and half priced lower, divided by the number of square feet.
• Inventory – number of homes available for sale in an active status at the end of month.
• Months’ Supply of Inventory – also known as absorption rate. The available inventory of homes on the market at month’s end, divided by the average monthly pending sales from the previous twelve months.
*Data current as of October 6, 2022. All data obtained from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.