The Code of Ethics protects consumers by requiring REALTORS® conduct their business with integrity and cooperate with each other — all to support the best interests of their clients.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) requires all REALTORS® to complete no less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional ethics training time to avoid suspension of board membership every three (3) years. The training must meet the specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®.
Code of Ethics Standards and Practices
Current Cycle: January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2024
- January 1, 2025 to December 31, 2027
- January 1, 2028 to December 31, 2030
Qualifying courses and exemptions
- Training may be fulfilled through NAR’s online courses or through another method, such as a course offered via local/state associations.
- New Members are required to complete the online new member code of ethics course 90 days from join date to avoid suspension.
- If members renew their license and complete the corresponding ethics test during the compliance cycle, proof of both the ethics completion certificate and license renewal certificate clearly displaying the issue date can be submitted to the association.
- NAR Emeritus and C2EX designated REALTORS® are exempt from the code of ethics requirement. (Note: State and Association Emeritus are required to complete the COE training).
- Read Code of Ethics FAQs
Check Code of Ethics status
- Only PDF versions of the ethics and license certificate can be accepted.
- Please label each file with the first and last name of the individual for easy processing. Allow three weeks to update the COE status once it is reviewed and approved.
- A green Uploaded message will appear once the upload is complete.
Submit proof of Code of Ethics completion
New member submission
Continuing member submission
Please allow PFAR up to three (3) weeks to update your COE status. To confirm your upload has completed, please wait until you see the green Uploaded button.